Book Review: Remembrance by Michelle Madow

5/5 stars

SPOILER FREE!



Lizzie Davenport has been reincarnated from 1815, England ... but she doesn't realize it until she meets her soul mate from the past and he triggers her memories to gradually return.

When Drew Carmichael transfers into Lizzie's high school, she feels a connection to him, like she knows him. But he wants nothing to do with her. Reaching Drew is more difficult because she has a boyfriend, Jeremy, who has become full of himself after being elected co-captain of the varsity soccer team, and her flirtatious best friend Chelsea starts dating Drew soon after his arrival. So why can't she get him out of her mind?

Lizzie knows she should let go of her fascination with Drew, but fighting fate isn’t easy, and she’s determined to unravel the mysteries of the past.


******

When I first heard about the book I didn't expect to like it so much. Remembrance was amazing! The cover is beautiful! I love the way Michelle Madow writes. The characters in the book were so well-built and there was no way not to fall in love with them. I was feeling like I was not only in Lizzie's head but I was Lizzie. Like I could feel everything that she felt and that is one of the things I love in this book. I really liked the plot and I was in love with the main characters. Remembrance is one of the best books I've read so far this year and I think it's one of my favourite ones ever. I really enjoyed that book!


In the beggining of the book Lizzie is just a normal teenager with a nice boyfriend and really cool best friend. She's not from the popular girls or the one everyone makes fun of, Lizzie is just a typical student. I really liked her. She's one of these characters I just love with no particular reason. Lizzie is just cool and maybe I love her so much because I kind of see myself in her sometimes. I actually pictured Lizzie like Michelle Madow. I don't know why, I just did. I was picturing her really clear in my head and then I found out that Michelle pictured her as Taylor Swift and I was like "What?" but Lizzie will always look like Michelle to me.

Drew is deffinitely one of the hottest book boys I've read about. In the beggining I was little confused why he was acting like that and he was a mystery to me but later, everything comes to place and it all actually makes sence. I wasn't sure what to think about him most of the time. 

Remembrance changed the way I look at YA books. I don't know how exacly it's just that feeling after I finished the book. It somehow made me think more of the things I'm doing and how easy you can hurt anyone without wanting it. I started to think more of the things I'm doing. I just have to mention that in the book French language looks easier than it actually is. My French is worse than Lizzie's in the beggining.

I was reading Remembrance till three in the morning because it was just amazing and I couldn't put it down until I finished it. I read it in less than 24 hours and the books I read that fast are not a lot. The book has to be more than just good to keep me interested in reading it all day and do nothing else and Remembrance was deffinitely more than just good. I can't express with words how much I love this book.

I'm not actually sure how I found Michelle's site and I don't really care as long as she writes amazing books. I am really looking forward to read the rest of the series and Michelle's other series The Secret Diamond Sisters, which actually looks great too.

Remembrance is book with great characters and plot and I recommend it to everyone who like YA novels. Pick it up and read it! I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did because that book is amazing!


 About Michelle Madow



Michelle Madow was inspired to write The Secret Diamond Sisters series while walking through her favorite hotel in Las Vegas. The next book in the series, Diamonds in the Rough, launches in October. Prior to The Secret Diamond Sisters, she successfully self-published The Transcend Time Saga. A tireless promoter of her work, Michelle is active on social media networks and has toured across America to promote her books and encourage high school students to embrace reading and writing. A graduate of Rollins College, Michelle lives in Florida ... but she loves going to Vegas.



Visit her online at www.michellemadow.com, and follow her on Facebook (/MichelleMadow) and Twitter (@MichelleMadow).



To chat with Michelle and other fans about her books, join Michelle Madow's Street Team on Facebook!

0 коментара:

Публикуване на коментар